Monday, August 18, 2014

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome, c'mon in ...

For the first time in a long time, I have a new blog follower to welcome!

Welcome aboard, Ken Reilly, scribe behind the excellent Yarkshire Gamer blog. If you're into steampunk gaming, you really need to see his painted Empire of the Dead figures. Excellent!

I haven't pushed for readers to join the blog as followers lately. I know it's an extra step if you're used to reading these entries in a feed reader or through Google+ or the Blogger desktop or other means. Plus I know many of you (more of you in fact) have added me to your Google+ circles. For that I thank you.

But following the blog is a real measure for me of how many people find the blog interesting, so if you like what you're reading, please consider plunking your name down in the follower list on the right. It only takes a second.

Back to the boards, everyone, and I'll see you across the table soon. Especially you, Ken!

7 comments:

  1. Cheers for the welcome Chris, although I have been gaming for 30 plus years, I have only been blogging for 6 months, I'm also new to the wonders of steampunk so thanks for the big up. Reviews on your blog and others are a great help to newbie steamers like me, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keith. I'm glad to help any way I can. Looking forward to more of your posts.

      Delete
  2. I have to agree Chris though I've been added to 50 or more people's google plus because of my blog its really the blog followers I look at when i consider how popular my blog is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want my blog to be useful and entertaining for readers, as much as it is an extension of the hobby and my imagination for me.

      Delete
  3. I tend to blog now just to get some record of what I've beenup to. Whilst it may be nice to get a lot of followers if onlyfor encouragement, blog for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, your records for yourself make damned fine reading for the rest of us! You're right, of course. I discovered during my forced absence from the keyboard that I really enjoy blogging but can't let self-imposed deadlines or numerical goals add stress and suck the joy out of it for me.

      Delete